Governor's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion
The Governor's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion was established by Executive Order 2017-09 on December 14th, 2017. The Council is charged with working cooperatively with the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights, the Civil Rights Unit of the New Hampshire Department of Justice, and any other relevant State entities to:
- Review and analyze New Hampshire laws, regulations, and agency policies and procedures, and recommend changes or amendments, where necessary, to further combat discrimination and advance the ends of diversity and inclusion;
- Identify and recommend ways in which the State can support local and community efforts, through educational programs or otherwise, to combat discrimination and advance diversity and inclusion;
- Identify and recommend ways in which the State can partner with non-governmental organizations to combat discrimination and advance diversity and inclusion; and
- Identify and recommend revisions to RSA 354-A and the scope of the duties of the Commission for Human Rights to combat discrimination and advance diversity and inclusion.
All meetings of the Council are public, and all members of the public are invited to attend. If you are interested in participating in the Council's work or have any questions, please contact Rogers Johnson, Council Chair, at [email protected].
Next Meeting: The next meeting of the Governor’s Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion will be a remote meeting and begin at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 9, 2020. The meeting agenda and instructions for public access.
Courtesy Meeting Notice: There will be a meeting of the Governor’s COVID-19 Equity Response Team on June 18, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will occur remotely. Instructions for public access along with an agenda for the meeting.
- May 4, 2020 - Council’s letter to the Governor regarding COVID-19
- April 10, 2019, 6:00-8:00 P.M., Hampton, NH - Community Forum
- October 15, 2019 - Listening Session - Lebanon
- December 2018 - 2018 Legislative and Budgetary Recommendations
- October 29, 2018 - Listening Session - Claremont
- October 23, 2018 - Listening Session - Keene
- October 11, 2018 - Listening Session - Lancaster
- September 17, 2018 - Listening Session - Laconia
- June 7, 2018 - Governor's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion Releases Preliminary Report
- February 22, 2018
- April 30, 2020
- December 12, 2019
- May 24, 2018
- May 17, 2018
- April 19, 2018
- March 8, 2018
- February 22, 2018
- February 8, 2018