For Immediate Release
Posted: June 15, 2022

Contact

Communications Director
(603) 271-2121 | Sununu.Press@nh.gov

State Moves Forward with $50M Nursing Home Infrastructure Program

Concord, NH – Today, Governor Chris Sununu issued the following statement after the Executive Council voted to approve $50M in funds for the County Nursing Home Infrastructure Program:

“This fund will help ensure our County Nursing Homes have the infrastructure and capabilities to keep residents safe,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “By responsibly using these one-time funds for one-time investments, we are able to provide benefits to the citizens of New Hampshire for decades to come.”

Additional information will be provided to all County Nursing Homes and will also be available on the GOFERR website. 

A summary of the GOFERR Item from the agenda can be found below:

The purpose of this request is to fund a County Nursing Home Infrastructure Program, designed to help mitigate and prevent the spread of future COVID-19 outbreaks in county nursing home facilities, ensure facilities are safe for residents and their families, and help fund facility improvements, where the county is able to provide the majority of funding for an identified project.

Awards will be issued to fund capital Improvements, building expansion, HVAC improvements, and renovations to help update and modernize outdated capital equipment, facilities, and buildings. Counties must contribute at least 60% of the project cost, with GOFERR providing ARPA State Fiscal Recovery Funds (SFRF) to cover up-to the remaining 40%.