Governor Sununu Announces Selection Committee
Concord, NH – Today, Governor Chris Sununu announced the formation of a volunteer Selection Committee, to interview and recommend candidates to the Governor for the position of Commissioner of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. Commissioner Lori Shibinette announced her resignation last month, effective December 16, 2022.
The Committee, which is composed of state leaders with extensive experience in health care and government, will interview potential candidates and offer three recommendations to Governor Sununu for consideration.
“I would like to thank the members of my Selection Committee for agreeing to take part in this incredibly important process,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “I am confident this committee will do their due diligence and recommend candidates who have stellar records of experience and will get results for the people of New Hampshire.”
The members of the Selection Committee include:
- James P. Fredyma, Chief Financial Officer, NH Department of Health and Human Services (retired)
- Yvonne Goldsberry PhD, MPH; President, Endowment for Health
- Christina Lachance, Director, New Hampshire Council for Thriving Children
- Donnalee Lozeau, CCAP; Chief Executive Officer, Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc.
- Don Shumway, former Commissioner of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services and former President/CEO of Crotched Mountain Foundation
Note: Anyone interested in being considered for the position who has not already done so, must email their resume along with a letter of interest by Monday, September 6, 2022 to Apply.Governor@nh.gov.