Skip to main content
scroll to top
For Immediate Release
January 28, 2021

Contact

Communications Director
(603) 271-2121 | Sununu.Press@nh.gov

Governor Chris Sununu Announces Art Council’s Public Value Partnership FY21 Grant Program Fully Funded

Concord, NH – Today, Governor Chris Sununu announced that he is fully funding the Art Council’s Public Value Partnership (PVP) operating grant program for Fiscal Year 2021.

Last year due to COVID-19 budgeting concerns, Governor Sununu authorized just 60% of the awards. Today, thanks to strong fiscal management, the state is able to fully fund the remaining 40% of grants, bringing the state’s general fund amount up from $180,660 to $301,100. The federal portion of this program will be fully funded and totals $46,200.

The PVP grant program currently provides unrestricted operating support to 27 nonprofit arts organizations throughout New Hampshire. Grants are made with a combination of state and federal funds on a two-year cycle that coincides with the state's budget biennium.

Due to the current freeze on non-operational General Fund expenditures, the state had not released grants for the second year of the current cycle (FY21), including grants made with federal funds because they have to be matched with state funds. Today’s announcement fully funds FY 2021 grants.

“While COVID has changed and challenged many programs this last year, we have made a commitment to supporting New Hampshire’s vibrant arts community,” said Governor Chris Sununu. “We have also committed to fully funding these grants for the next two years as part of our budget, so that the arts community has assurances going forward.”

The fully funded recipients are as follows:

  • Apple Hill Center for Chamber Music
  • Arts Alive Inc.
  • Bethlehem Redevelopment Assoc.
  • Capitol Center for the Arts
  • Colonial Theatre
  • Community Gallery Inc.
  • Concord Community Music School
  • Currier Museum of Art
  • Friends of the Music Hall
  • Haverhill Heritage Inc.
  • Redfern Arts Center on Brickyard Pond
  • League of NH Craftsmen Inc.
  • Lebanon Opera House Improvement
  • Manchester Community Music School
  • MOCO Arts
  • Pontine Theatre-New Hampshire Mime Co.
  • NH Theatre Project
  • North Country Chamber Players
  • Opera North
  • Peterborough Players Inc.
  • Portsmouth Music & Arts Ctr
  • Revels North Inc
  • Rochester Opera House
  • Saint Anselm College
  • Saint Kieran Community Center for the Arts
  • Symphony NH
  • The Winnipesaukee PlayHouse