6032712121 | Sununu.Press@nh.gov
Governor Chris Sununu Announces $595 Million in COVID-19 Recovery Funds
Concord, NH – Today, Governor Chris Sununu announced $595 million in new funding committments for areas and industries across New Hampshire affected by the COVID-19 public health crisis.
"These funds are a major step forward in our efforts to provide Granite Staters affected by the COVID-19 public health crisis with relief," said Governor Chris Sununu. "We are continuing to expand funding for our hospitals and health care facilities, we are committing an unprecedented amount into our non-profits and Main Street small businesses, investing in our farmers and food supply systems, and continuing to put dollars towards our childcare system, frontline workers, and higher education system. This is about delivering relief for Granite Staters as quickly as possible."
The relief funds announced today come at the recommendation of the Bipartisan Legislative Advisory Committee, and include:
- Healthcare Relief Fund: $50,000,000
- Non-Profit Relief Fund: $60,000,000
- Child Care: $25,000,000
- Main Street Relief Fund: $400,000,000
- Farm and Food: $15,000,000
- Public Higher Education Relief Fund: $15,000,000
- Business Finance Authority Safe Harbor Forgivable Loans: $30,000,000
The funds announced today follow $250,000,000 in previously committed relief funds.
Governor Sununu also signed Executive Order 2020-09 today, the third extension of the State of Emergency declared in Executive Order 2020-04.
- Copy of today's presentation (GOEFERR Roadmap for Recovery)