Judicial Selection Commission
The Governor's Judicial Selection Commission, established by Executive Order 2017-01, hereby posts notice of vacancies. All interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications may also be requested by contacting Commission Chair Chuck Douglas at [email protected] or 603-224-1988 or by contacting John Formella at [email protected]. Any questions should be directed to the Commission Chair Chuck Douglas.
Notice of Judicial Vacancies to be Filled
Superior Court AND Circuit Court vacancies will be considered by the Judicial Selection Commission.
- An Application may be downloaded from the websites of the Governor or the NH Bar Association. Applications may also be requested by calling 224-1988. Please be sure to use the 2017 version of the Application.
- Each new candidate must submit a paper application and all accompanying documents, including writing samples, via standard mail to Chuck Douglas, 14 South Street, Concord, NH 03301 as well as an e-mail copy to [email protected].
- Completed applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, January 8, 2021.
- Candidates who previously submitted an Application to this Commission and wish to reapply now, may do so by email to the Judicial Selection Commission Chair at [email protected] to confirm your intent to be considered but to rely on your prior Application. A re-applicant must also submit an updated affirmation regarding professional conduct and an updated consent and release, which are Exhibits A & B & C to the 2017 Application. Please print Exhibits A & B & C and complete and scan in as a PDF document and attach the updated Exhibits A & B & C to an email. All updates are due by the Application deadline of 5 p.m. on Friday, January 8, 2021.
- Please direct questions to Attorney Chuck Douglas at 224-1988.
- Chuck Douglas, Chair
- Donna Sytek, Former Speaker of the House
- Marcia Moran, Of Counsel, Flood, Sheehan & Tobin PLLC
- Lyn Schollett, Executive Director of the NH Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence
- Mike Scala, Executive Director, Coos Economic Development Corp.
- Jack Tulley, Nashua Business Owner
- Matt Kfoury, Former President and CEO of Central Paper Products
- Robert J. Lynn, Former Chief Justice of the New Hampshire Supreme Court
- W. Scott O’Connell, Partner, Nixon Peabody